Downloading and using Linux has become quite easy nowadays.
Here is a guide for Pakistani users
how to get rid of the Microsoft and its's virus laden windows.Linux is most secure
You can run Linux even from a "Live cd" or a "Live Usb".
You must have broadband connection if you want to download or can buy a Ubuntu Linux "live cd" from your Malha ki cd shop.
Or most easiest of all, you can request a free cd. Which will take almost 4-6 weeks to deliver.
If you want to download follow these steps.
- Go to this link download Ubuntu
- Select Download Ubuntu 8.10
- Select the iamge you want to download.Mostly likely PC (Intel x86) desktop CD.(If you click on this link it will start downloading the Desktop Ubuntu Livecd for 32- bit system.)
- Once downloaded run Nero or any other cd burning software.Burn an ISO image to a blank cd.
- Restart and boot form the Cd.
- Ubuntu should Start.
- Enjoy your newly found freedom.
If you have a USB flash of size 2Gb or greater then you should install Ubuntu to it. To install it follow the "Live USB" link.